Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One Step Forward, Two Back, One Step Forward in Mid-Strike

Happy New Year!
I love the sound of 2014. :) Just sounds better than 2013. Let's make it live up to its expectations! :)

Sooo, I WAS back. For a day. Felt great after all that yummy healthy food and tons of exercise, and then life.... The day after I got back I was walking the dogs and they saw another dog coming and went crazy. They don't like other 4-legged friends. I was off my game since I hadn't walked them for 2 weeks. Instead of standing still and letting them do their thing, and then get out of dodge. I tried to walk while they were doing their thing, we all got tangled, and I went down hard in the middle of the street. Right on the OTHER knee! I tell you. Someone does not want me to have sexy knees when I lose this weight. :( I cut up my hands, knee hurt like heck, but nothing seemed broken. I continued to sit there for 10 minutes to get my wits about me. I finally stood up and had to continue walking them. That was not fun. As soon as I got home I ice'd it and took advil. Thank gosh, it didn't turn out like the other knee, which I still (a year later) have not recovered from! Yeah, it was the casualty of Christmas Card writing! Hmm, I since a theme here. Can I skip December in 2014? So, this kind of put a damper on my continued exercise regime and the racing around getting all of Christmas done in 1 day. :( I sat on the couch for the next 24 hours nursing the knee. I mustered up the energy to do a little necessary shopping, went to a movie that had recliner chairs, and then headed to Christmas Eve. It was nice. Good food, so fun to see the family. The next day was just hubby and me! We have not had a Christmas Day by ourself ever, so that was nice. We ordered Mimi's Turkey Dinner and pumpkin pie and it was delicious. I was going to go to the gym the next day, but I'm not sure what happened. I didn't. Things started to unravel from there. Started having bad stomach pain and GI issues. This went on for several days. I finally went to Urgent Care, thinking it was probably diverticulitis (and would need antibiotics). The dr wasn't sure it was, but ordered tests, but no ct. Said if it got worse, to come back. Well, by Monday it had gotten worse. A whole lot worse!! The most horrific GI issues I've ever had and it just wouldn't stop. I hadn't eaten or drank anything in days. Finally, I went back to Urgent Care yesterday. The tests had all come back, and were negative. No parasites or e.coli. He ordered a ct scan. Actually, no diverticulitis either. What?! Then what the heck is going on. Well, the pain was most likely do to a ruptured ovarian cyst they saw on ct. Huh?! Didn't expect that one. Okay, but what about the GI issues? Probably just horrible IBS. Are you kidding me?

So, was told to start eating low fiber white stuff (rice, bread, bananas), take Immodium. I did. Oh my heck. 2 hours later last night I thought I was on death's door. Immense stomach pain and now the opposite GI issue. Good grief. I thought we'd be headed to the ER before long. It finally subsided after an hour, and I was able to lie down and go to sleep. Today, well today has been slightly better, but not hugely improved. This is so frustrating. I'm supposed to go back to work tomorrow after my long and restful vacation!  Well, at least half of it was.  Thanks to hubby for being nurse, housecleaner, dog walker, and everything else on his few days that he had off!  Guess I can consider that his pay back for the 40th bday Vegas disaster. :)

As for 2014 goals and WW, I'm taking it one day at a time right now. Not really eating "healthy" as I can't have much fiber, but I'm not eating junk or very much either. I'll get back to the gym when I feel able to, hopefully next week. But again, one day at a time for now.

I hope your 2014 is off to a GREAT start!

Cheers,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)