Sunday, August 11, 2013

3AM is going to come too darn soon tomorrow.......

Hi Y'all!
Hope you had a great week and wonderful weekend!  It has been soo pleasant here as far as summer's go.  I'm not complaining one bit!  I love this weather compared to "real" summer heat.  Which I may get to experience all too soon.  I have to get up at 3am tomorrow because I have a 6:15am flight to Philadelphia for work.  UGH!!!  Gosh I hate these early flights!  I'll be there most of the week visiting several of our different vendors as we get ready for our big clinical trial study starting up in September. It is surely a crazy time right now at work!  I'm hoping I can get a little exercise in there and eat reasonably well, but the food is all catered each day and then we have a dinner out every night.  Yikes! I'm glad the last 2 weeks have been successful in terms of WI!

So YES, I lost 3.4 lbs this week!  I was actually pretty surprised.  I stayed on plan but I changed up the exercise.  I didn't do a Sunday workout because I went to see Sister Act the musical (entertaining!), and my other workouts during the week weren't as "hard" but I did do interval hills for the first time.  Guess it paid off!  I've lost now 56.4 lbs since January and 64.4 lbs since last year! :)  WOW, I can't believe it!  I'm 1.2 lbs away from the two teens!!! :)  I have not seen that number in SOOOO very long!

Also, I went shopping today to get a few new items for the trip and I was pleasantly surprised to find that I finally FINALLY dropped a size and sometimes 2!  You see, in this whole time that I've lost this amount of weight, I have not really been able to go down in pant size.  Sooo frustrating.  My body is just like that though.  My pants grow 3 feet long and the crotch hangs down to the knees and the legs are huge, but the waist is exactly the same....... so same size pants!  NOT ANY MORE!!!  Was able to go from a 24 to 20, and in some cases from a 1X to XXL! :)  I also bought my first pair of jeans (with a belt!) since I was probably 16!!  You see, if you know me or have noticed, I NEVER wear jeans.....because I don't OWN a pair of jeans!!  I'm hoping being this much thinner will make the airplane ride more comfortable tomorrow.

Hubby lost 1.8 lbs this week, so he's continuing to do awesome!!!  He's started exercising everyday now which has helped.  In last week's blog I was saying how I didn't have any vacations planned or things to look forward to lined up.  Well, that changed quickly!!  Thank you to my friend Joan for sending me some conference information about a conference in VA in October!  I jumped on it, booked flights, booked the house/dog sitter, hubby and I put in for time off, and we are going to VA and DC for a week!!  I can't wait.  I've never been to DC or VA, and am thrilled we are going in the Fall and for our anniversary!  A week ago I had no vacations planned and couldn't figure out where to go.....hmm??!!! Funny how life works! :)

The other big news this week is that my sister got engaged over the weekend!  They were at a big outdoor 3-day concert in San Francisco and he asked her there.  I haven't heard all the details yet, but I saw the ring and I approve!! :)

I also figured out why the cravings were soo bad last week.  Partly the "nothing fun planned issue" but mostly TOM was coming. :(  Of course, it has to be here while I am traveling!  :( I've also been having some bad back pain for the last several days.  It's different than my "usual" back pain.  Right now my back is on fire from my waist up to the middle of my back.  I've been icing, taking ibuprofen, and muscle relaxants.  I do hope it gets better, or certainly not worse during this trip.  A little nervous.

Well, it is now an hour closer to that 3AM wake up call, so I better hit the hay.  Hope you have a wonderful OP week and fabulous Monday!  Be good to yourself. :)

Cheers,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)