Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Brutal but Satisfying Week........

Happy Saturday to you!!
I cannot be more thrilled it is the weekend!  I  hope you are enjoying the beautiful weather.  Oh my aching head this was an absolutely insanely brutal week! :(  But, I survived.  Work has just become crazy crazy crazy the last few weeks.  So many deadlines all at once, too much work and not enough time, too many meetings, vendor dinners, and conflict.  Add to that working 12 hour days, eating lunch at 2pm, finding the restroom once a day, and not getting to the gym on regularly scheduled days, and you have got one VERY grumpy girl!  Calgon, take me away!!!!!

But, I got a bit of satisfaction for all my trouble and hard work lately.  I finally got my promotion!!! :)  Just call me Mrs. Director now. :)  I say finally because I was told I was being put up for one about 3 months ago.  It just seemed to drag on and on.  I tried not to think or worry about it.  Politics like crazy were going on.  At one point a month ago, I even inadvertently found a document (left on my desk!!) that listed everyone approved for promotions.....but my name was not on it. :(  I tried to think positive that maybe there was a reason or that wasn't the final list.  I hate being in limbo!!  Days went by and I soon pretty much forgot about it.  Until Wednesday, when my boss called me out of a meeting to tell me the news, and he hugged me!  I think he really had to fight for me, as there is only so much money/people that can be promoted each year.  I was very grateful.  But, now that I am a Director, it means I get an office in the new building we are moving to in December!! :)  I got to go pick it out.  Hope I chose right.  Couldn't be more happy!  No more personal calls talking to drs on the phone about UTI's or yeast infections, where the entire world can hear!  Ugh!  I think I'm most thrilled about the office!  I am nervous though.  Because, now I have to be part of the Steering Committee meetings and other many long meetings that include our CSO and other "C" level folks.  Hope things can come out of my mouth coherently when needed! :)

I did manage to get to the gym on Wed and Fri (my normal off days) to make up for what I missed.  I had some great workouts.  I've been doing about 50 min of cardio now, 5 days a week, and trying to up my speed or incline level every week.  I feel great!  I got a charm today for the 5K we did last week and I'm looking forward to the formal Blood Bank 5K tomorrow morning.  The fruits of that labor paid off this week, as I lost 4 lbs at WI!  Yep, I hit another goal, 230! :)  I'm only 3 lbs away from getting my 50 lb charm!  Cannot wait! :) I feel good in my clothes.  I actually look forward to getting dressed in the am and choosing what to wear, instead of dreading the few items I could fit into that make me look like an unmade bed.

Hubby didn't have such a great week, his first gain since he started. :(  But, he's pressing on and not letting it derail him!  We are a team, in this together!  This has been a lifestyle (not a diet) that we can definitely live with for the rest of our life.  We have committed to WW in that it will be a part of our life until the end (6 ft under end, not goal weight end), just as AA is for other folks.  But, I'm definitely enjoying the splurges along the way though too!  It is not about deprivation, but about incorporation and moderation and finding balance.  Wednesday evening I enjoyed the most scrumptious butterfish dinner, a piece of appetizer, skipped the alcohol, and shared 3 small desserts with 8 people.  Now that's the way to do it!  Enjoy and satisfy your taste buds, without all the points!  Friday we had lunch catered at work and I ordered a very yummy shrimp salad.  It was so good, I didn't even use dressing.  But much to my surprise, dessert was ordered too.  A toffee brownie cupcake like thing.  I've been resisting all the "extras" at work since I started, so I gave very little thought (internal debate) to this and just had it, enjoyed it.  Of course, everything I indulge in, I account for.  Gotta keep it real and honest.  And, it was worth every bite! :)

I hope you all are finding satisfaction in your daily lives and if not, put that on your list to try to seek out this week and incorporate!  It makes all the difference in the world when working towards a long term goal.  Cheers to you and have a fabulous Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)