Saturday, July 20, 2013

Doing the Happy Dance! :) Hello Roaring 20's! :)

Happy Weekend to you!!
I hope you all are enjoying a nice weekend.  So much going on in our town - from Comic Con, to horse races, to Over the Line tournament.  I'm ignoring all of it (except for all the out of town yahoo's I encounter on the road!), and opting to just take it easy this weekend.  I have kind of had that "I don't wanna" attitude the last 48 hours.  Luckily, I snapped out of it enough to finally get my rear to the gym later today.  I've had a great week of working out.  Have felt great, no real aches or pains other than the fractured toe from the 5K.  I increased my speed to 3.4 mph and incline to 3% this week.  Have been doing 35-40 min walks and then 10-15 mins on the elliptical at level 4 five days a week.  These increased workouts and 5Ks the last two weekends have really paid off, which I'm thrilled with.  I lost 3.8 lbs this week, to give me my 50 lb loss charm! :)  That brings the total to 51.4 lbs since January and 61.4 lbs since last year.  AND, hellooooo 220's! :)  Gosh, I haven't seen you since my wedding in 2010!  My doctor was giddy with happiness yesterday.  Not to get ahead of myself here, but when I saw that number, I was like, WOW, 199 is not that far! :)  I mean, if I've come this far and done 60, 20 feels totally doable and within reach!  It is a shorter distance to keep going forward now, than it is to go back!

I try not to give myself many food rewards as that is one of the reasons we got into this predicament in the first place!  But, TOM just ended and I was still craving red meat.  Soo, a Habit burger and fries it was tonight for dinner!  Dang, it was almost orgasmic. haha!  I savored every bite.  It was freaking awesome and worth all 27 points!  As our leader said today, it better be a party in your mouth to be worth it.  It was!

The last few weeks of this journey have been, um, dare I say... fun?! :)  I've actually been enjoying the journey, the process.  I like seeing what new things I can do, or fit into.  It's like opening a Christmas present every week! This week I climbed the 3 long flights of stairs at work next to my CFO while talking the whole time (and not stopping, or keeling over at the top.....or, opting to take the elevator!).  That felt awesome.  I have to fly in August for a work trip and I'm not even panicking about not being able to fit in the seat or buckle the seatbelt.  Those worries are gone!

I'm excited and grateful to have you all along on my journey and I'm even more thrilled to be a part of and support and celebrate yours!!  Hubby lost 4 lbs this week which brings him oh soooo close to a big milestone.  Hoping he gets it next week! Was so happy to hear from a good friend today and she is doing well on her journey. I'm just beside myself for her that she is in a good place and making forward progress. Yay! :)  Three other friends are chugging right along on their journey, stepping over pebbles and not letting them become boulders.  Ladies, we ROCK!! :)

I wanted to let you know of 3 upcoming 5Ks I'm thinking of doing and would love to have you join me!  It would be great if we had a "team"!  They are more for fun then they are about the times.  They are: Bad Prom 5k (in October), 80's 5K (November 2nd), and Iron Girl (December 8th).  What a great way to celebrate my anniversary (friend's bday too!) and then my birthday.  With health and friends!  Let me know if you want to join in!

Alrighty folks, that's enough happiness and celebration for one day. heehee! :)  Wishing you a beautiful Sunday and be good to yourself (and others!).  Hugs.

Cheers,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)