Sunday, July 7, 2013

Can I Have Another Day Off, Pleaseeeeee???!!!!

Hello Ya'll!
This is coming to you from a blurry tired eye slightly sunburned exhausted girl. Who sooooo does not want to go back to work tomorrow! I hope you all enjoyed a very Happy 4th of July and great weekend! Let's see if I can even remember the last 5 days?!

Wednesday evening I hit the gym for a long workout after work and then grocery shopped for the 4th. Thursday am we spent getting ready for family to come over for a BBQ and fireworks on the evening of the 4th. We paced ourselves with the shopping, picking up, cleaning, etc. But of course, let's throw in steam cleaning the carpets in the am! They looked great, but uh oh, they were damp.......for a long time. Go figure! :) Oh, and a car wash! I'm weird like that. When the cleaning or organizational bug strikes, it's on fire! With all the racing around and being on my feet all day, I earned 4 AP without being at the gym! Wow! As soon as all the people and food arrived, I took a few minutes (more like many) and tracked most everything I was going to eat and figured out how much I could have. It was really yummy food! Cheeseburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, beans, broccoli slaw, fruit, veggies, guacamole and chips, mini cupcakes, and brownie bites. And some Mike's Hard Light. I enjoyed every bite of everything! Things went as planned for the most part. Didn't end up having alcohol though. But, did have a few more chips/guac and an extra brownie bite. Wanted some more, but I really was full. All in all, it was a 68 point day. Holy cow, I've never eaten all my daily points and almost the 49 weekly in one sitting. I'm glad I saved the points! The hubby on the other hand, he used most of his weekly points LAST Saturday which left him with only a few for the 4th. Poor planning! :( But, he did okay. :) After the fireworks, I had to come in and do some work until 1am because I was taking Friday off but my co-worker needed a document. Sooooo tired.......

Friday I went to the gym and did a hard workout. Over the last week, I've increased my speed to 3.3 mph and 3% incline for 30 minutes. I've then also added the elliptical for 20 minutes at level 4. Going to try to move it to level 5 next week. Then, we met our friend at the movies. That was nice. We shared some light popcorn which was tasty. Since we had WI the next morning, we opted to eat dinner at home (which consisted of yummy leftovers!).

Saturday we went to WW meeting and WI. Hubby went with me because he got his 10% award! :) He also lost 2.8 lbs. Even he was shocked! So proud of him! I wasn't sure what would happen for me, but wanted a loss of anything. I got it. :) 0.8 lb loss. I'll take it! Then, off to the gym for another long hard workout. Later I met my friend for dinner and that was so great to catch up. Since I had had so many burgers and hot dogs the last several days, I opted to not have steak at the steakhouse. :( Bummer. But dinner was good. And we did well OP, considering we were there for 5 hours with a bread basket in front of us! She's also doing great in her weight loss!! Got home late again and crashed hard.

Which brings me to today, Sunday. I could not fathom going into the gym AGAIN. So, hubby and I went to Liberty Station on the water and walked 3.61 miles! It was great to be outside. But, it was warm and sunny! I wanted to do a trial walk of the 5K I'll be doing next weekend. Yep, no problem. :) But from the sun, wind, heat, etc. my eyes are dry, tired, bloodshot, and ready to close!

It was a very nice weekend but now it is time to put this weary girl to bed. Because, I did poor planning, and hubby took tomorrow off (but not me)! Wishing you all a spectacular week and Happy Monday! Cheers to Health and Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)