Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sometimes You Just Gotta Go with the Flow.....


Hello Y'all!

Hope you had a great weekend and stayed cool wherever you were! Holy moly it was in the 90's at our house. Yuk. Sooo not a hot person. But, I will say that being 53 lbs lighter from last summer did make a difference. I was not one giant dripping water faucet sweat ball! :) And, I was able to work out during it. Sooo happy we also put in the air conditioning late last summer. Sure made sleeping better.

So, first up is WI. Lost 2.4 lbs. :) That puts me at hitting another mini goal! Spoke with my leader Marie about my varying WI's lately. We looked back over my tracking. My points level is fine, but I need to get more of the healthy guidelines in. I don't tend to have any dairy more than 1 or 2 times a week. I don't get 8 glasses of water (more like 4). I get 2 fruits, but probably 1-3 vegetables. I also sporadically get the oil in. Ugh, this is going to be tough. Those aren't some of my favorite things, so I would rather "spend" my points on a dessert, or larger portion size for lunch/dinner. Going to work on the dairy this week. Wish me luck! I've also been doing the same exercise routine for awhile, so it was suggested I switch it up a bit. I'm such a creature of habit, I like my routines!

I had a big NSV (non-scale victory) that I keep forgetting to mention. When I was at my highest weight last year, I had back pain when I slept. So bad, that I would toss/turn, get up every hour, or finally get out of bed at 6am because I couldn't take it anymore. I was very sleep deprived. Strangely, the back pain only happened when I would lie down. As soon as I was upright, life was good. So I spent a lot of money on a new and adjustable bed. It seemed to help for a bit, but then after losing 50+ lbs, the back pain was back! :( Huh? I'm confused!! It was horrible, constant, and every drug under the sun wouldn't make it go away. I didn't know if it was my scoliosis, herniated disk, weight, or what. I was getting desperate. But then, almost 2 weeks ago, I adjusted the bed so I'm basically in a zero gravity position and guess what... No Pain!! It's not a great sleeping position, because I love sleeping on my side, but it works for now. So happy to not wake up every hour or stiff as a board in the morning. :)

This weekend I had to kind of go with the flow. I had plans pretty much the whole weekend and we were having a heat wave! I woke up Saturday am with the most absolute worst sinus headache, stuffy nose, and earache. I thought, ok, just go to WI and then come home and rest. It got worse at the meeting, so I couldn't wait to get home. Rested most of the day, took meds, and by 5pm I was feeling a bit better. So, I went to the gym. Actually had a GREAT workout! But, by the time I got home and had dinner, I was now dealing with stomach issues. It was like I got a 24 hr flu. Hubby was even sick! We both called it a night and crashed early. I was ok in the am, so went to the gym. But, had to cut the gym short. Wonky stomach was back in a big way. Wasn't sure I was going to make it to see the friends today and pretty much waited to the last minute. But stomach calmed down. Had a very nice visit, and now home resting again. Sometimes, you gotta take not just each day, or meal, but each moment, one at a time.

Hubby lost 0.2 lbs, but it was enough to give him his 10%!!! Yay hubby, what a great job! And a friend hit a great milestone too! :) And, so proud of another friend that has started on her journey! Here's to the journey to health and living with ease and peace!! :) Have a great week and stay cool!

Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. So happy for you! I am sorry your stomach was bugging you. My friend has the stomach flu now - I guess it is going around. Went swimming today - after six laps I asked a neighbor what time it was and it was only 10-15 minutes that passed by. :(
    So I did 4 more laps. Maybe it is because our pool is small. Thanks for blogging. It inspires me.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)