Saturday, June 15, 2013

Now THAT was a Good WI!! :) On the Road Again.......

Hello!
Happy Saturday to you, and Father's Day to all the dads, grandpa's, and doggie daddy's!  What a crazy week I had.  So glad to have no big plans this weekend really and just rest, do the normal routine, and some house stuff.  Work kicked my butt last week with big deadlines, long hours, frustration, and being tired.  I have a feeling it is going to be like this for awhile.  I need to get more sleep then!  This week I stuck to the WW plan, like I do every week, but I did eat a few less weekly points.  I also started back on my diuretic, as my ankles were just out of control swollen to the point that my legs were hurting.  I hate taking it because I feel dizzy and just not all there, but I know it helps.  Just did the low dose though.  I got in a bit more water this past week, but I'm still way off the mark.  Ugh, it's soo hard for me!  I love water when I workout, but that's about the only time.  This diuretic dries me out even more, so I seriously need to drink, drink, DRINK!  I had some good workouts.  Gave myself a pass on one day because my body felt like it was hit by a truck!  Slowly it got better, and by today I did a really hard fast workout and shaved another 45 seconds off my mile.  Now doing 2.5% incline at 3.2 mph, and about an 18 min mile.  Yay!

Today I cleaned out half of my closet and got rid of the items that were too big or that I was keeping, but are totally out of style.  I kept one of the largest tops and pants as a reminder, but all the rest are gone.  I needed to make room for some new clothes. :)  Yep, I will not b*^$h and moan ever again about gaining weight while sticking to the plan.  Thanks so much for all your encouragement, reassuring words, and weight loss words of wisdom!!  It helped a lot.  I learned a lesson these past few weeks.  The body is unpredictable, and if anything it is a slow "learner".  It will do what it is going to do and regulate when it is ready, but keep to the plan and you will come out ahead at some point. :)  Cause I lost 6.8 lbs this week!!!!!!!  I was shocked.  I knew I was losing this week, because my clothes finally felt looser, not annoying or tight.  But wow!  I'm very close to another milestone goal and I can practically touch it! :)  Feels great.  So happy to be back in the 30's again.  Down 42.3 lbs since Jan, and 52.3 since last year!  Hubby was so proud of me that I came home to a sweet card and a gift card for more music to power my workouts. :)  I was also proud and happy with myself that I was able to persevere and stay on track when I was soo frustrated.  I have not binged or used food to cope in over a year now. It almost feels like a long distant friend that I'm losing touch with.  And I'm okay with that!  Tackling one hurdle at a time is the name of the game.

Hubby lost a 1/2 lb and is so close to his next milestone, 10% loss!  So happy for him.  We are a great team. :)  I am thinking of signing up for a 5K soon, but it needs to be right for my first one.  Not too early, near the water/cool breeze, etc.  Picky, Picky! haha! :) I think I'd like to do one down at Liberty Station because it's flat, near the water, has restrooms, etc.  So, that is on my list of goals.  If you'd like to join me and keep me company, or meet one of your goals, let me know!

Here's to a great rest of the weekend and hoping you all are doing well and enjoying summer!  I'll leave you with some motivational thoughts: You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.  Rule your mind or it will rule you.. :)  Thanks again for all your support, it means the world and helps me stick to this journey!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)