Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Last 6 Days...But, Today was a New Day! :)

Well, today was the first day that I was able to come up for air in about 6 days.  It's been a crazy 6 days at that.  It was a yuck week for too many people I know.  From losing pets to pets being hospitalized.  Then, I spent several days working on things for P's Celebration of Life on Saturday.  Our friend C, who also has "C", was organizing most of it in conjunction with P's husband.  I had emailed everything I needed to do to C but hadn't heard back.  Then, she called Thurs night to let me know she was in the hospital and may not get out in time.  Oh heck!  I was very worried about her, had no idea how I was going to take over last minute because work was insane and we had a meeting offsite Friday.  I was stressed.  Then Friday all heck broke loose at work, fires to put out, and I had to leave for the meeting. Ugh!  I could feel my blood pressure rising. We got back and I stayed at work until 7pm, on a Friday night! :(  No fun!  I was exhausted.  I still had things to do for Saturday, and figure out the plans for Sunday-getting to the play American Idiot downtown in the middle of the Rock and Roll Marathon and buying presents for the family birthday dinner Sunday night.

Saturday am C called to say she got the program done and sent to kinko's, FROM HER HOSPITAL BED! She was to get discharged at 11am, run home, and then come to the Celebration.  Insanity.  She worries me. I made it to the gym in the am and then to weigh in.  I had this feeling all week I was going to gain. Didn't deviate from the plan, other than just ate more weekly points cause I was hungry..... but yep, way to go! Gained 2.2 lbs.  I expected it so I wasn't too upset, but it definitely meant I couldn't deviate at the Celebration.  So, we ate before we went and headed over.  It was a nice turnout.  It was good to see old friends and colleagues, but not under these circumstances.  Her husband was just devastated. It broke my heart. I was happy we could do this for him (and her). The last 2 weeks since her passing he was putting in all the things into the new house that she had wanted.  Tore me up. I hope she knew how much he loved her, because he really did.

The Celebration was filled with great food (none for me), perfect prayers and poems, beautiful program, stories, tons and tons of tears, and some laughs. We were getting ready to leave, when P's childhood friend who had flown down for the day from San Fran had this chaotic look of panic on her face. I asked her if something was wrong, and she said she just got a call that her mother died and she had to get back to San Fran asap. Oh my gosh!!! So, we all jumped in my car and rushed her the 30 or so miles to the airport. How awful.  I've had enough sadness and grief this last week to last a year.  Hear that universe?! :)  Once she was safely off, we headed home. Mind you, I'm starving now!! I am emotionally spent and have no energy to figure out something decent for dinner, so we do a hamburger jr. and small fries from Burger King. :(  Should have had the dang party food, would have tasted a lot better!

Sunday, I woke up at like 5am. Why?! Laid in bed, got some coffee, and figured out how to get to the play. Thought it would be a nightmare, but it turned out to be pretty easy.  Yay for small miracles! After the play, I walked 3 miles and went grocery shopping.  Then, it was off to meet the family for a late dinner.  Can I go to bed yet?  Pretty please??!! Finally got home around 9pm and basically couldn't sleep the whole night. Seriously? Really really wanted to take Monday off.  But, didn't. So, dragged myself to work to only have this crap week continue-under the gun for a huge deadline yesterday, 300 page document crashed near the end and wasn't auto-saving.... Left work about 7:30pm, no gym, and I'm a total grouch and can't see straight!! Grrrrrrrr!

But, today was a new day! :)  I did have a few good things happen. I got to go clothes shopping..in my closet! :)  New things to wear! Had great friends by my side during this week.  Had some good workouts. And, I'VE GOT LESS THAN 100 LBS TO LOSE!! :) Yay!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)