Sunday, June 23, 2013

Riding the Roller Coaster of Weight Loss (and Life!)

Hello!
Happy Summer and hope you enjoyed a lovely weekend! Holy cow it has just been beautiful here and it's getting warmer. Not so thrilled with that part. I'm a 70s girl, not 80s or 90s. Yuk! I had a pretty jam packed weekend, so not much rest. I did have 2 great workouts. Although, I bought new shoes and man did I get the sore feet and blisters after today! ;( Hoping I can adjust them and they'll be better tomorrow.

So, had a feeling WI wasn't going to be great yesterday. My ankles have really been swelling even with taking the diuretic! I had a feeling I was retaining. Up 2.2 lbs. Yep, so I guess this is how it's gonna be. Riding the weight loss roller coaster. Up 2, up a little more, down a huge amount, repeat. So weird. So, I was thinking today that I need to come up with some new reward goals. It could be awhile before I hit scale number goals, but that doesn't mean I'm not making progress or doing the right things. So, I am thinking of goals like: increased exercise and maintained for a week; able to fit into a size lower clothing; 1 or 2 activity points hit on my non-formal workout days for a week; walking a 5K, etc. I think having those things on the list will help.

I was so happy for my friend who reached some big goals yesterday! Hubby is also doing well. He lost 2.2 lbs, cause he gave them to me!! Haha! :) He is so close to a goal and huge milestone. So excited for him. But men stink! :) I have to kill myself practically 5 times a week to lose (I mean gain!) anything. He has not formally worked out yet and is not hungry one bit ever, and he loses every week.

But speaking of gaining and losing. I had good thinking time today while I was driving to see my friend, and one thing that popped in my head was the weight I was on my wedding day, and the weight I was when I entered the program last year. The bad thing was I had gained 65 lbs in 2 years. Ugh, not good! But then, you know how people always say "the weight didn't come on quickly, so you can't expect it to come off quickly". I'm usually like, yeah yeah yeah, I know. But then it dawned on me.....It took me 2 years to gain 65 lbs, so why do I think or expect it to come off in a year or less?! If it takes anything less than 2 years, then I'm doing good!! :)

Had a great visit today with a dear friend who I hadn't seen in WAY too long. So glad we could finally get together.

Well, it's Monday again soon and we are back at it. Wishing you all a great week!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)