Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day and Status Quo....

Happy Mother's Day to all of you mom's of kids, mom's of fur kids, or those celebrating with your moms, or reminiscing about your moms!

I hope you enjoyed a beautiful day.  We sure did here.  Holy Cow, it was in the 90's!  Felt like summer was here already.  I managed to get to the gym early this morning and do a brief workout before it got way too hot.  I really ended up pushing myself while at the gym yesterday and wasn't feeling so great from it.  That led into this morning, for which I almost didn't go.  But, I made a deal with myself that I'd go but take it easy.  And I did. Just did 30 mins on the treadmill and that was even a struggle.

The family went out to lunch today which was nice.  It's always nice to see everyone and spend some time together, because we definitely don't see each other enough.  Hubby and I looked up what to have before going, so we stuck to the plan.  It wasn't that great though. :(  Always a bummer when you are "limiting" your intake.  It's like a one shot deal, so it better be worth it!  We then went to check out computers because I need a new laptop.  My screen died a few weeks ago and I'm really missing being able to sit on the couch, watch TV, and peruse the internet.  A first world problem. :)  

Weigh In was status quo for me yesterday.  Was hoping to lose a little, but with the big loss last week, I kind of half expected to stay the same.  I have finally figured out my body's rhythm I think.  Hubby lost another 1.8 lbs, yay him! :)  And my friend that joined WW had a nice big first week loss.  That's always a nice motivator! I really enjoy our meeting.  It's a good group of women, the leader is fabulous, and I always learn something new and feel motivated. :)  This month we are working on more mindful eating. Hmm, I guess that would mean not being on the computer, watching tv, and eating at the same time. :)

So, we've been ordering our dinners through this great healthy organic gluten free service which has been a godsend to us to help with our weight loss journey. Well, they left 3 weeks ago to go on maternity leave, so we've been scraping by and counting the days to their return.  Only, we got an email this weekend saying baby still hadn't arrived and now they may need a c-section recovery.  Oh heck!! We are actually going to have to plan some dinners for awhile! I know, that sounds awful.  But with our schedules, it really is! :(

Well, tomorrow is Monday......Again....... I am so looking forward to a day off in a few weeks.  I just realized I haven't taken a vacation in a year (and that really wasn't a vacation!).  I feel the need to possibly start planning one, for next year.  Just need to have something to look forward to and get excited about.  Hoping we will be very close to our goal weights by then too. :) :)  Maybe we will squeeze in a mini break in the coming months for some R&R at our special cabin getaway.

Alrighty, time to say goodnight and so long!  Again, hope you enjoyed a beautiful day!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)