Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy May and It's Been a Good Week!

Happy May Everyone!
I cannot believe it is May.  Time is just flying by.  As it fly's by, I'm glad to say the pounds are flying off with it! :)  So, had a great Weigh In today so I'll get to that first.  Lost 4 lbs this week!  That makes for a total of 33 lbs since Jan and 43 lbs since exactly a year ago. :) :)  I also earned my 16 week staying with it charm.  4 months!  I couldn't be more thrilled.  Husband lost 2.8 lbs today for a total of 21 lbs so far. :)  We've lost over 50 lbs together!  He can get his arms around me now when we hug! :)  Ah, yes, it's the little things that matter.  It was a hard few weeks for him to get that last few pounds off to his milestone.  But I knew he would do it, so I got him a surprise for when he got home today.  A new Ipod Nano and some cool t-shirts. :)  He was like a 10 year old opening birthday presents!  It made me so happy. :)  My friend also joined me at WW today, so it's great to have her along now as well and encourage and cheer her on!

This week was overall another pretty good week for me.  Felt pretty good.  Was able to avoid the donuts, pizza, and daily food truck extravaganza at work last week!  The gym workouts were quite good.  I've shaved 1.5 mins off my Mile time, and have been increasing the workouts to 45 minutes. I had some wacky dreams every night though which was different!  One was where I was working in a nursing home and I was passing out toilet seat covers! huh?!  Then, I was at my high school reunion and we were partying it up.  There were other strange ones in there too.  Bizarre!  I've had a chance to start getting out and seeing friends again, so that has been very nice.  I have really missed that so much with all the illness stuff going on with me.  To update on the last blog, saw the Gyn and was basically dismissed.  Was not happy about that at all.  In fact, went into a total funk and started crying of all things!  She basically was like why are you here.  Refused to do an exam.  Said: You're 41, hitting peri-menopause, and that time of the month will get weird now which can cause GI havoc.  Why gee, thanks.  Hadn't thought of that! Anyhoo, for now, just going to be grateful for the reasonably normal mostly pain free days I've been having and move right along until I have to deal with it again. :)

Things are great!  The sky is blue, the air is warm (until tomorrow!), the lizards are running about, the body is cooperating, work is busy, the dogs are their normal stubborn selves, and I'm being nice to and taking care of myself. :)  My hope for you is that you are doing the same! :)

Love and Cheers!
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)