Sunday, May 19, 2013

Made it Through the Week................

Hi Everyone!
I hope you are enjoying a beautiful weekend!  It is sunny, breezy, and pretty warm here.  No May Gray lately!  So, last week was a tough week. :(  Monday and Tuesday were by far the worst in learning and dealing with my friend's passing.  I went through so many emotions, a state of shock, a brain shut down, overwhelming numbness/dead feeling, and an incredible urge to binge on Sprinkle's cupcakes.  But, I used every tool and skill in my arsenal that I have learned the past year and I rode it out.  Felt every bit of it.  Let it passed as it needed to.  Took care of myself.  Did a lot of "parenting" and self-talk.  Leaned on friends and shut down emotionally some too.  And it all SUCKED!  That was not fun being endured without medicating with food!!!  But on the other hand, I DID IT!!!  I survived!  I know what it is like now, it can be done, I learned some valuable things, and I think the next time a difficult situation arises it might just be a little better since I've been down that path now before.  

I miss my friend "P".  But, as the days went on, I was able to work through the anger, the sadness, the questioning, and come more to acceptance and understanding.  I am also happy to say that we will be having a small celebration of life for her at her house with her husband in a few weeks, so that gives me peace and a sense of closure.  Her husband also finally reached out to me, which I know had to have been extremely hard.  Each day will get a little easier....for all of us.

So, the scale agreed with me at WI that I was able to get through the week successfully! :)  I lost 1.4 lbs.  Yeah!  Hubby lost 0.8 lbs.  We are still going strong, working the plan, and looking forward to being even lighter and healthier!  Been getting some compliments lately which is VERY nice and motivating. :) :)

I kind of fell off the wagon this past week with eating vegetables.  Went for more the carbs, processed foods.  Although, I did pretty good on the water!  I had some good workouts at the gym.  Even made a personal best of breaking the 20 min mile!  I'm a pretty slow walker (short, short legs, short stride!), so that was huge to be 19 min! :)  I also had to climb several flights of stairs at work and friend's houses this past week and noticed it didn't even phase me.  No gasping for air at the top. :)  Yay!!!

Here's to a good week and wishing all of you the same!  Reach for your goals and if you get side-tracked, pick the path back up right where you left off!!

Cheers,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)