Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Divertickle me 2, :(

Tuesday April 9th, 2013
 
Sooo, for the last 10 days I've had major GI issues.  Hasn't quite felt like the diverticulitis like the last 2 times, but things just aren't right and they aren't getting better. :(  So, finally made myself go to urgent care after work yesterday.  Yippeee, there is only 2 people in the waiting room!!  I will be out of here quick!  I loathe spending hours at urgent care.  An hour goes by.  I need to go to the bathroom but they'll probably call me any minute now.  2 hours go by.  Oh heck!  I didn't eat lunch, it's now past dinner and I was up the entire night before being sick.  I'm hungry and exhausted!  There is never a good time to go to urgent care..low and behold there was only 2 people in the waiting room because they ALL had just been called back into rooms.  Ugh.  Husband offered to bring me food (so sweet), but I said no...it shouldn't be long.  Always freaking optimistic!  Dr. decided it was probably the beginnings of diverticulitis again so gave me antibiotics.  Oh, which I despise those too!  Such a necessary evil.  Stopped at the store to get my prescription and soup/crackers, and walked in the door at 11:45pm.  Yuk!  Did I mention I got to urgent care at 5:30pm! :(  Woke up the husband and the dogs.  Fun times!

I stayed with soft/bland foods today and did feel a bit better.  Starting the antibiotics tonight.  So, I went to the gym and did a 40 min workout.  Gotta seize those feel good moments when you can when you deal with chronic pain and/or health issues!  It felt good to sweat.  It's also very strange but I feel very light now when I'm working out.  How a 250 lb person can feel light, I don't know.  But I do!  Guess losing those 25 lbs does make a difference. :)  Imagine what a 150 lb person who used to be 250 lb will feel like?!!! :)

That thought keeps me chugging along. :) :)  Have a great rest of the week WW friends and supporters!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jessica--
    I am so grateful to come along with you on this journey and feel honored to be a part of it. You can do it!

    Am so tired of counting calories I know the best thing I can do is just be more active.

    Lots of love & hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, Thanks so much! Your support and encouragement means a lot to me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)