Yay, it's almost Friday!! :)  It's been a pretty good week.  Got 4 days in at the gym.  I stepped up the treadmill pace and added on 10 min of elliptical to 30 min treadmill.  I had a lot of energy this week, so pushed it a bit! :)  I dodged a medical issue this week.  I've had a couple of bouts of diverticulitis over the past 3 years, the last being the worse in December.  It was horrible!  I saw my GI doc after not seeing her for over a year, and when she heard/read this, she said I needed to go see a surgeon and have this removed.  I was like what???!!!!  Not in the plan, I thought to myself!  I tried not to freak out or eat my way through it, until I knew for sure what I was dealing with.  This is how I tend to deal with things - don't worry until you need to worry, otherwise you waste a lot of valuable days/time!  So, went about my business but it was in the back of my mind.  Saw the surgeon yesterday and thankfully she said, if I was you, I wouldn't have the surgery.  At this point it is elective and it has risks.  If I have more bouts, they are worse, are don't respond to antibiotics then we will have to think about it.  In the meantime, eat fruits, veggies, take fiber, keep things moving along, and lose weight. :)  So, continue what I'm doing! :)  Phew!  Normally, whether this news was good or bad, I would have turned to food and needed a "treat" to make me feel better, get through it.  My appointment was right next to my gym (my gym is at the hospital!  love it!), so I celebrated by going to the gym and working out.  Gotta keep on this path!