Saturday, April 20, 2013

Goodbye 50's! Hello 40's! 10% babeee!!!! :)

Good Saturday evening to you all!

Life has been good the last few days. :)  I can say I have felt 100% the last 2 days! :)  Yay!!  I had a crazy week at work with offsite meetings and various drs appointments.  Then, I took half of Friday off to go with my 2 girlfriends to LA to see Bon Jovi.  Bon Jovi is my all time favorite band, Jon is my number 1, (the husband knows!), we had an 80's cover band at our wedding, and our first dance song was Thank You For Loving Me by Bon Jovi. :) :)  I will sing, see, and dance to Bon Jovi until the day I die!! Ha!  Needless to say, it was an awesome time!  It was minus Richie Sambora, but the band really put on a great show!  We stood/danced for 3 hours!  Think that helped in the losing pounds this week department. :)

Usually we drive back that same night, but heck, I'm getting old.  Kidding! :)  Thought for once we'd stay over.  So, we stayed at JW Marriott LA Live which is a very cool place amongst the Nokia Theatre, Staples Center, and lots of restaurants...and stars to see!  They always have things going on there, so it is great people watching.  We had dinner at Lawry's Carvery which was very good.  We tried to get into the restaurants but they all were over an hour wait.  Lawry's was the least crowded.  They had yummy sounding mac and cheese, prime rib, etc. but I remained steadfast in my plan because I really wanted to hit my goal at weigh-in today. :)  I had the 1/2 turkey sandwich, 1/2 salad, and chips.  It was yummy! For breakfast, I steered clear of the buffet and opted to order off the menu.  I did the best I could, egg whites/potatoes/1 slice bacon/OJ, but the eggs were drenched in oil. :(  Darn!  I always forget to ask for dry!  It was satisfying though.  Traffic was a beast going and coming back.  Over 3 hours! 

I really really wanted to make my weigh-in today as it meant a lot to me.  I really wanted to hit my 10%.  I was determined.  The center closed at 3pm and we got back to town about 2pm.  I wouldn't have enough time to go home first, so I asked my friends if we could take a detour so I could go straight to weigh in.  I think they thought I was crazy at first (and I felt bad delaying their trip a bit).  I thought, you know, I'm really going to be bummed if this doesn't happen and I made this huge effort.  I only had to lose 1 lb, but we know how that has gone before!  Well, I DID IT!!!!!  3.4 lbs gone!  Bye bye! :) :)  I hit my 10%, got my key ring, and am 1 lb away from my next goal of 30 lbs.  Holy Cow!! :)  I also said goodbye to the 250's and hello to the 240's.  I haven't seen you since 2010! :)  There was no one in the center but my leader Marie, so we did a little dance and cheered! :)  Then, I was excited to come out and share the news with my 2 good friends, Nicole and Laurie!!! :)  Thanks ladies for your patience with the detour. :)

Hubby lost another 0.8 lbs, so he's doing great.  We are so happy to be doing this together and we feel so good!

Thanks everyone for your continued support and encouragement.  It means a lot and truly helps!  Here's to a great week and I hope you have a successful week and get closer to or hit your goals!  Weight loss or others! :)

Cheers,
Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments help motivate me and keep me going on this journey! Thanks so much!! :)