Well, I have worked my butt off this week with exercise and dilegently tracking/eating. Partly to make up for last weekend, but also because I felt good and energetic. I had vowed to have a good number at the scale this week because I see the dr today (who follows my weight/health) and have to fly on Monday (first time in 3 years, and 40 extra pounds! Yuk!) and then will be eating at the mercy of restaurants and catered food next week.

Well, an unexpected birthday dinner popped up yesterday and self control went out the window! :( I had a plan, I really did. But the plan did not plan for being hungry at the getgo. Soo, snacked on a few appetizers. Then, the dinner. I tend to each mucho veggies and protein so I get and feel full. Well, this was pasta, more pasta, rolls, and cake. Ugh, a carb addicts worst nightmare!! Well, it wasn't a nightmare to the carb loving 5 year old inside who was like YIPPEEE!!!!! We haven't had this stuff in ages and I'm HUNGRY!! 2 bowls of pasta, 3 rolls, butter, appetizers later..... I felt overly full and ill for the first time in a very lonnnnggggg time. We were sent home with leftovers. No!! What, was I thinking. Got home, waited an hour, and then the cake was calling. It was really good cake, I will say. I was hell bent on eating it ALL at once. The internal war was going on inside my head. You shouldn't be doing this. No, do it. No, this was not the plan. **** the plan! You are going to be sick. Who cares! You have worked out a ton this week! Even that won't make up for this...And I feel awful.

With a quarter of the cake left and literally feeling physically sick, I stopped. Put the rest in the frig. Went to bed. Then the thoughts started of, well now you've done it so why don't you stop at Starbucks in the am and get your favorite drink and breakfast. Just go all the way! Get it all out of your system!

Woke up this am, went directly to the frig, and threw out the cake and all leftovers. Done with you! Ate my planned breakfast and lunch, and planning to go to the gym today for which I don't usually workout on Fridays. Who knows what will happen at the scale tomorrow. Ugh! So disappointed. Old long ingrained habits die very very hard. Just when you think you have banished them, they come back. Yep, this weight loss thing is not going to be a steady line down. It's going to be a windy road.....5 steps ahead....2 back......3 ahead.

I am proud that I stopped and got back on track so quickly. Onward and downward! :)